2008 was a very interesting year for me, with both failures and successes. 2009 will be a very interesting year for mobility and handsets and applications.
Here are few predictions about mobility and 2009 ( That i searched over internet).
1. The role of Open Source Software (OSS) will continue to grow within mobile handsets and software. Symbian will go open source. Android is open source. Browsers are open source. Windows Mobile I’m not sure but I won’t be surprised if they go open source as well. Device manufacturers will deliver more sophisticated handsets cheaper due to OSS.
2. On user interfaces and smartphones, touch-screens and gestures and accelerometers will be the rule, not the exception (thank you Apple).
3. For Social Networking .. i think 2009 will not be so good. i think “everyone loves social software, but few would pay for it”.
4. Google will introduce a checkout process for its app store, and developers wanting to make money will notice; the Google app store will explode with a large number of applications.
5. he top smartphone platforms for 2009 will be: iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry (for both mobile web and local apps).
6. Network providers will start delivering services of their own on the web (similar to Google services).
7. Network providers will show their love to widgets, and spend resources on widget-related approaches to applications and user interfaces.
Well .. above are not professional advise for business or personal decisions. :)